This is me lounging after a tough morning of shots....
And this is my ticked off face........not too thrilled about this morning's activities.
Colt had to have four shots today, and man is that ever crappy to watch. But he's doing fine so far, a little cranky but that is to be expected. He weighed in at 11 lbs. 7 oz and he grew an inch since he last visit two weeks ago! He's 23 1/2 inches long now. I seriously can't believe that people give birth to babies that size, good God.
He gets to try veggies and fruits in two weeks, we'll increase the rice cereal for two more weeks and then see how he does with the spoon. She said if he isn't ready for the spoon we can cheat and put some in the bottles to fatten him up. He's almost weaned off of one of the reflux meds, so he'll just be on the one for the acid production. We've been moved to once a month for the doctor, which feels weird because we have gone in so many times in the past three months.
Colt is 11 weeks adjusted, so almost three months old. He's smiling a lot, kind of makes a laugh noise when he gets excited, is trying very hard to roll over, and lifts his big ol' head up for a few seconds when on his belly. Poor kid's head is so big he can hardly control it, but we're working on that! I can really notice a difference in his sight recently, he makes really great eye contact when he feels like it and stares at his toys now- where before he didn't seem all that interested.
She went over the charts with me, which to be honest I don't really understand all that percentile junk, but he's obviously not on the curve for his real age- he's super tiny compared to other 6 month old babies. But for his adjusted age, he is on the curve, still a little small but let's give the kid a break since he started out at 1 lb. 9 oz. He's gained 10 lbs!!



2 comments:
Just wanted to say that Colt is doing just fine. You're so right when you mention his birth weight - he was super tiny...look how far he's come in 6 months!
I had to giggle when I read your comment about people giving birth to babies his size. Our second daughter was 9lbs 13oz at birth and trust me, I was SHOCKED! I only put on 8lbs and even though I was HUGE, no one suspected I'd have such a big baby...naturally. That's right...no drugs...no time for drugs. We got to the hospital at 2am and she was born at 2:27. It was all a little crazy, really!
Anyway, I've been following your blog for a little while now and I thought I'd leave a comment. Your son is just gorgeous and I think those percentiles are just something to make us go crazy. We have the opposite problem - Natalie is in the 95 percentile for weight and height (she'll be 3 months old tomorrow and she now weighs 16.5 pounds - definitely not normal lol)
Anyway, as a Mom you're going to know when things are ok and when they're not and I would say from what I've read about Colt - he's amazing; quite a little trooper!
Have a great day!
YAY Colt! How awesome to gain weight and be chubby!
Post a Comment