Thursday, April 17, 2008

Talking and a comparison......

Notice the burp cloth in the backround???



Baby talk here we come.....he's found his voice, so the noise has started to come more frequently. The burp cloth that Colt is laying on in this photo was the one he used as a comforter in the NICU early days. He used to stretch all the way out on it and still not fill it up! The top photo is him stretched out on that same burp cloth when he was two weeks old. I was burping him yesterday with that cloth and thought about how it was his blankie for so long. I washed it and slept with it about every other night so he would have our scent to sleep on in his incubator. He did great after the shots, slept through night as usual and is perfectly fine today.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Wow - it's amazing to see the burp cloth 'then and now'. He has come such a long way! Way to go, Colt!

I found your blog through Nikki at Blogs for a Cause. I just love seeing how much Colt has grown over the last few months. He's so cute!

Nicole Wade said...

I remember seeing the burp cloth in his pictures but I always thought that it was a blanket! The picture of him on it now really put's it in perspective. He sure has come a long way - way to go Colt!! (You too Mom & Dad!!)

Nicole Wade, not me of course but the other Nicole Wade up in Sacramento, her son Stephen was 11 lbs 7 oz when he was born - crazy, huh?!

Kisses to Colt!

Love,
Jon, Nicole, Anthony & Kaylee