The first night home was a tough one. Colt was an angel until the moment I layed down and then the screaming started and lasted most of the night. He's been pretty much back to normal this afternoon so I think it was the shots that had him so wound up. He was just inconsolable. So needless to say exhausted is the word of the day.....and I know all the veteran parents are smiling when they read that. Not too much to report, other than a home health nurse came to check on us today. The weight was at 7 lbz. 7 oz. and everything else was fine. I was super paranoid about his eating all night because he was so sluggish but he is starting to do better. We see his pediatrician on Friday.
I don't know how to put to words how thankful we are for eveyone's support and prayers throughout this whole process. We are eternally grateful.





6 comments:
Love the picture in the swing he looks snug as a bug and as happy as can be to be home where he belongs. Sushi is too funny (the little guard dog) those two are probably wondering what on earth happened to their lives now that they are not the only little ones or loud ones in the house any more. Well, I really hope things stay mello for you guys and can't wait till flu season is over so I can see him in person. Congradulations again for staying strong and making it through the past 4 months. Good job to all of you!!!
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! give him a big kiss for me!
I did smile reading your blog today - exhausted, oh that's a word all parents know too well. Welcome to the club Mommy! It may be tough, but it's a great place to be!
So glad to hear he's doing well at home, he's a happy guy now - he's where he belongs.
Looking forward to more pictures :)
Kiss those cheeks for me!
Love,
Jon, Nicole, Anthony & Kaylee
He probly was up because all the buzzing and the bells and alarms aren't going off, it was probly to quiet. Well grandma looks very content. Finally your home. It'll get easier. You have a ton of support. The sleep thing may never go away. If you notice all my blogs to you are about 5 ot 6 in the a.m.. Love you guys and so glad he is home. You'll all figure it out!!!! Stay strong
What a wonderful surprise!! My blog didn't take yesterday, so I am trying again today..We are so happy for Colt's homecoming. We can see you will have help all around you.. Can't wait to see our special nephew and cousin. Lots of love from Aunt Mary, Uncle Gary, and Alicia
He looks so happy at home! a year from now you are gonna have to put your running shoes on because he will be keeping you on your toes! hard to imagine huh? Enjoy every second of that adorable little miracle! Im completely over joyed for all of you! lots of love to you guys! and thanks for the pictures!
Dawn
Post a Comment