Thursday, October 25, 2007

What A Difference A Day Makes

So in contrast to yesterday, today was as Toby our nurse practitioner called it "wonderful." Colt was moved from the high frequency ventilator to the conventional ventilator. He did well on the conventional vent all day, good blood gases and good vitals. They also took out the chest tube, as the problem is resolved. No seizures today, and the EEG they had monitoring him all night came back with no seizure activity. That was about all the news we got today. They will keep on monitoring the infection with tests, and they put him on a new antibiotic. That's it......thank you all again for checking in on our little man- and for your kind words and prayers. We appreciate it more than we could ever say!

10 comments:

Kim Case said...

Oh my gosh...I'm so happy that today was a better day. I can't even imagine what a roller coaster ride not only Colt is on but the two of you are on as well. I check this site everyday and I and when you post good things like this it just make me feel good. Keep up your strength (YOU TOO COLT)!!! Big Hugs, Kim

johanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
johanna said...

praise god! i'm so glad i got to see a good report tonight. yesterday's made me very sad. i think sometimes god really wants us on our knees so he uses drastic measures to get us there. i'm glad he's feeling better and hopefully you are too. take care. here's to hoping for an uneventful weekend- unless it's positive of course. love, johanna

Anonymous said...

McCoys -

Keep on taking care of each other - there is nothing more important than family and as grandma would say "blood is thicker than water" (although there is little water between us - the concept holds nicely) please understand that we are there with all of you... the Whiteheads, the Englands, and the McCoys's and wish you all the intimacy and love that is so critical in maintaing personal and relational health - you have a strong family and as you can clearly see - we are all with you...


Colt - you rock!!!

love the novaks

amy huff said...

What wonderful news! You guys are amazing. And, what a strong boy you have in Colt. He is so beautiful and I know you must be very proud of him. Please know that we love you all very much and that you are in our thoughts every day. love, amy

Mary Lynn said...

Great news111 Keep it going, little guy...We are focusing on the positives. Have a blessed Friday!!
Mary, Gary, Alicia, AND Great Grandpa

Nicole Wade said...

Go little man, keep on fighting!! You have amazing parents who need you to stay strong for them! Love you all. Jon, Nicole, Anthony & Kaylee

Adrienne said...

Hey you three!!! So, glad that he had a good day yesterday, I hope that today was a good one, too. I check this website everyday, as well, it's made me laugh, cry, feel anxious and feel relief. I can't EVEN imagine what you two must be going through. Take care. Love you. Thinking of you all. Love, Adrienne

Kelley H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelley H said...

Wow! I'm so glad to hear about today! What a scare yesterday was! We will continue praying for a quick recovery for your little guy!