Well the little man had an up and down day. Tabitha and Katie (the best nurses ever) told me when we got there today that they were so excited to tell us what a great day he had, unfortunately we had arrived right in the middle of an episode. My son is already trying to test me.......and it's working. He was having some breathing problems, so we walked into a crowd of people working on him which scared the hell out of me. Luckily though one of the nurse practitioners who must have seen the panic on my face told me that this is just part of the NICU experience.....good days and bad. They moved him on his belly which helped a lot, his oxygen levels were brought back up and he was stable again. So we stayed with him awhile and he was fine. I called in again just now and he is still doing fine. His chest x-ray is back to looking bad though. He has a section of his lung that is blocked, but they said they are trying to remedy it with more pressure and if that does not succeed then they turn to meds. Feeds are going well though, and they increased the amount again. Bathroom functions still all going well which means the plumbing is working well.
On a good note, the nurse took a photo of him today which I don't have yet. The most amazing picture I have ever seen...my little guy with his eyes wide open. A nice close up and it looks like he's looking right at you. I should have it in a few days and I will scan it in and share it. It is amazing.



15 comments:
Thank you so much for sharing your pictures and emotions with us. The video changing the baby was precious and the pic of daddy smiling with the baby is priceless. what a lucky and proud family! I look forward to the updates everyday, even though we don't know one another except from talking that brief time in the hospital, I feel blessed to be able to be a part of all of your lives. He is more beautiful everyday. He is a fighter, it must be from hearing your voices and feeling your touches. Maybe those kisses helped too! Take care and we will continue to pray for your beautiful family.
Woo hoo we are bloggers now! Ah! That video is too cute and GO COLT for peein and poopin like the big boy he is turning out to be!! I like the butt crack part, haha. Thank you so much for keeping us updated this way, now I can quit harassing you! We love you guys so so much and just keep praying for good days. Thank you for sharing these moments with us and keep them comin'.
ps the bible study group says hi and that we're praying like crazy for you guys(duh!)
Thank you guys so much....love to read these posts :)
McCoys-
What a wonderful photo - he looks so calm and relaxed...
We love you!
the novaks
Hey guys,
So glad little Colt is holding his own. Lots of prayers coming his way from alot of people. Getting the news every day is sure wonderful and pictues sure bring back memories. Love yous!!!!X0X0
What a ride this must be. Have faith, may God be with you all. Read the story in the Friday Flyer, thinking of all of you. Best wishes Baby Colt!
The Sempson Family
Your family is our thoughts and prayers.What a handsome baby boy! Keep fighting Colt!!
Joey & Julie Neckar
hey, i know it's been FOREVER! but you have been on my mind since karen told me what happened a week ago. you guys are in my thoughts and prayers. he looks like he's improved from the first pics until now. he's such a blessing(i know you know that.) the prayers will continue...this blog is so awesome, thank you for sharing. take care. love, johanna
Have faith! He seems like such a little fighter (I wonder where that came from?) and I love seeing his progress. I haven't posted a lot of comments but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking about all three of you and praying for you all.
Love you!!
Joan
Hi Nicole and Kreg,
We love to see the updates and pictures. As a nurse I totally understand how exciting it can be to see pee and poop. The hospital is the only place on earth where we get excited about such things. Keep up the good work Colt. We are with you everyday (even from far away in Nebraska). We love you!
Joe, Amy and Ethan
Kreg and Nicole, It's been so long since I've even seen you two I didn't even know you were pregnant! Your Mom sent me the blog link, Nicole. What a little miracle your son is, once he gets past this he's going to be hard to stop. All three of you are included in my prayers, and TY so much for the blog, you can bet I'll be watching it for news. Lots of love to all of you.
Okay, so I've always known I'm a perfectionist, but this is bad: I just posted a comment, but afterwards I realized there was a typo, so I went back and deleted it to fix my mistake! Wow...that's a whole 'nother level of weird! :-) Okay, here's my original post:
Geez, I can't even imagine what went through your minds when you walked in to see that! It sounds like you guys are really lucky and have an awesome medical staff working with Colt, which really makes all the difference! Can't wait to see the pic with his eyes open! Oh, and I can't say it enough: thank you SO MUCH for doing this daily blog...it really helps calm my worrying! :-)
NICOLE I WAS SO HAPPY TO BE ABLE TO PUT A BEAUTIFUL FACE TO THE NAME COLT......YOU ALL ARE IN MY PRAYERS AND IN MY PRAYER REQUESTS AT CHURCH...MAY GOD BE WITH YOU IN EVERYTHING YOU DO.. THINKING OF YOU MINDY
Hi guys,
Always sending good spiritual thoughts Colts way...everyday.
Ivy
Post a Comment