Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday


Not much new to report today. He had a decent day, I guess he was a bit irritated. I would be too with all the tubes and machines. So they gave him a little bit of pain medicine and something to calm him down, and it helped him to keep his blood pressure down. The feedings are going well still, they increased the amount and he was able to go number two (sorry but I had to add that, because we were really excited that he could do that). He is still having some issues with his lungs, his chest x-ray was still not better. They are running more tests to see if it is an infection or if the little valve in his heart has reopened. If it has reopened, they may still need to do the surgery on his heart. The one good thing about the surgery is that once they close it, it won't open again. With the medication they used to close it the first time, I guess it is common and probable that it would open again. But it is still surgery- so that scares us. We'll know about that probably tomorrow or Tuesday after they do a heart echo. They'll also do a follow up on the chest and the brain ultrasound tomorrow. I'm not sure when they'll report results, we're hoping tomorrow night. They also turned off the sunbathing lights...so he gets to rest more.
On a good note, our wonderful nurse Tabitha let me give him a kiss today. She opened up the isolette (their word for little incubator) for a few minutes so I could get closer to him and see him better, rather than through the plastic. We love our nurses and nurse practitioner, the people that take care of these little babies are so amazing. It is so comforting when we go home to know that he is in such great hands.

4 comments:

Kim Case said...

Wow, how special...that first kiss!!! Everyday is just an amazing day I'm sure. Keep up with the pictures and posts as long as you can and thank you SO much for sharing this with all of us. To see the pictures of him and you guys being able to do things like put the vasoline on him are just so heart warming (I love it)!! Again, as you know you are thought of and prayed for here every day!!! We all love you and miss you!! Hope today is a wonderful day :-).

Amy said...

Hello. This is going to sound a little crazy, but I get Colt McCoy alerts on my computer because my nephew is the Colt McCoy that plays football for the Texas Longhorns. Your little Colt McCoy popped up on my alert. I have prayed for him and for you and am thankful that he is doing so good. Blessings and our prayers will continue to go up for your sweet Colt from here in Texas.
A. Walker

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what a kiss can do. I'm sure Colt has a million tiny butterflies in his tummy. We wish you peace and happiness as your little love continues to grow before your eyes.
Have a beautiful day Colt.

Kimbo said...

Kreg and Nicole,

What a beautiful gift from God. We are praying for Colt and you everyday. God has a plan. It is amazing to see him grow everyday and thank you for sharing Colt's precious days with everyone. You are an amazing family and that is going to help you through all the days ahead of you. It is such a blessing Colt is doing better each day. Before you know it he will be home testing your every nerve.

Kimbo...