Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday




Today was a good day for Colt. His chest x-ray finally looks better, so they think the antibiotics are working. They cultured to see if it is in fact an infection and I believe the 72 hours for that test are up tomorrow, then they will know. He was able to come down on the vent settings today, blood pressure was good and heart rate were all good. They started back to the feedings (they had stopped only to determine if the heart valve was open, which it is not).

They did not do a CT scan, as they decided there is no point in putting him through that. They have to take him out of the NICU and move him down the hall to the CT room, and it's a bit of a trip for him. So since the neuro consult said that they wouldn't even consider doing a surgery right now, there was no point. Although they did do a brain ultrasound and determined that the condition is stable for now, no additional swelling or bleeding. The bleed that has already occurred has stayed the same and would not need draining at this stage anyway.

Here are some pictures of his cute little foot, and him holding my hand. I got to feed him today, which just means I got to handle the syringe into his feeding tube. The pictures look a little funny because he's sunbathing today...we were trying to keep the interruptions at a minimum because his new neighbor is quite the screamer, and didn't want to open his incubator holes because it was so loud. Thanks again for checking the blog and for your prayers, we look forward to reading the comments every day!

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hi! How are you! Wow! He is sooo teeny tiny! You two are amazing and in my thoughts and prayers everyday! This website is really cool! I love that we can get updates on little Colt everyday! Love you, Adrienne

Braden Matthew Johnson said...

I know I speak for everyone when I say that we love the updates. You make us feel like we are there with you. Our prayers and thoughts are with you everyday. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Anonymous said...

Wow, his foot is so teeny tiny! Glad you got to feed him...it's at least a little moment of closeness. :-)

Nicole Wade said...

Look at those toes - I love it! They are soooo cute!! So glad to hear he had a good day today. Love the updates!
xoxo
Jon, Nicole, Anthony & Kaylee

Donna Simmons said...

Hi! I truly love this website! It is so gracious of you to keep us informed on Colts progress and with such detail! I loved seeing his itty bitty hand grab your finger. I am praying continually for Colt and for the both of you. You have touched my heart with your strength and it is the best part of my day reading your updates. Much love, Donna

Tarra Vizenor said...

He is such the little fighter. Please send him our love and we will continue to look for the updates. Remember he is fighting for you guys and I'm sure the sounds of your voices are what makes him continue to be strong! Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and try and continue to think positive thoughts!
Bryan & Tarra

About Me said...

Nicole,
My mom read me your story in the Friday Flyer. You, your husband and your little man are in my prayers!
Angelina Bonner (Jensen)