Tuesday, October 9, 2007

More About the Incubator

This is a short clip that Kreg took of Maggie explaining the incubator and how it works. Colt's had two good days in a row. They took him off of the high-frequency ventilator yesterday and switched him to a conventional ventilator, so that he can do some of the work himself and is tolerating it well. They are not going to do a surgery as of yet, they think they can correct the heart valve with medication. They did a heart echo and a brain ultrasound, and we're heading to San Diego today to meet with Dr. Lane to hear the results. The nurse was optimistic about his progress.

1 comment:

sarah said...

I was so glad to know that someone my daughter knew had contact with your family. I was so upset that next day over the baby and your family and I just happen to mention it, and my daughters friend said I think that was my moms boss' son. I have prayed every night for Colt and your family. Having been in the same situation before, but not nearly as pre-mature my heart goes out to you. You and your family seem like wonderful people and I just want your to know that people your don't even know are thinking and praying for you daily.