So I have to admit that I absolutely hate going to physical therapy. I dread it all week, and I am in a bad mood all day leading up to it. It isn't because of the therapist, who I think is fantastic, but because it throws me into a pity party. Colt hates the session usually because he gets twisted and pushed and pulled all around, and 45 minutes is a long time for a baby to be worked. So besides watching him be really bummed out about it, I also get worked up over watching the other kids at therapy. We go to a pediatric physical therapy place which sees kids from all walks of life. I get upset watching these children who are trying to overcome various things, and instead of being grateful I usually get kind of pissed off that these kids have to go through such a rough time. I get mad not just that Colt has things he will have to overcome, but for the other kids, and I feel like "why them."
So in the midst of my usual pity party on the drive home, which either involves crying or just being mad, I see the car in front of me slamming on his brakes. AND I MEAN SLAMMING. We're going about 70 mph mind you, and there's a fair amount of traffic (fast-moving) at 4pm in Temecula. He eventually jerks his car into the next lane, so fast it looks like he'll overturn....which reveals to me that there is a car completely stopped in my lane about 50 yards in front of me. I'm no genius, but it took me one second to realize there was no way I was going to have enough room to slam on my brakes, and stop without crashing into him and even if I could the cars behind me were going to hit me as well. I have never been so panicked in my whole life, because I knew I had only a few seconds to decide what to do. I looked right and all I could see were loads of cars and a motorcycle next to me, and I looked left and more cars. I swerved really quick right a little to see if I could get the people next to me to move over enough without me having to side swipe them since Colt was in the car and it was his side. Nobody moved, so I sort of prepared myself to slam into this car on the freeway or take out a motorcycle. Those were my choices. At the very last second, right before I thought we'd hit this guy and be in a big huge mess, I swerved right into the lane next to me. I have no idea why I did that and I don't remember doing it, but to my surprise the motorcycle that was right there the whole time....zoomed off in front of me. I was really dazed for a few seconds trying to figure out how I wasn't dead, or in a car crash and that I didn't kill anyone else. I thought for sure it was either me or the motorcycle. But nothing happened. I can't explain it, I seriously replayed it in my head 100 times on the way home and I can't figure out how it happened. I really feel like someone else pulled the wheel right, I don't remember doing it.
Here comes the really weird part. I am at the stop light getting off the freeway, and I said out loud......"God, was that you?" I couldn't figure out any other way for that to have occurred. As soon as I said it, the song "In the Arms of an Angel" comes on the radio by Sarah McLaughlin. I pretty much sobbed after that. Maybe God was telling me to snap out of it.




4 comments:
Wow Nicole what a day. Just reading that almost made me cry. God was obviously watching over you and Colt (and the guy on the motorcycle). I'm VERY glad that everything turned out in your favor, that definatly could have turned out to be a disaster. Hope you have a great night!!!
that is a WOW! but it was totally god. isn't it crazy. i'm glad everyone was ok.
sorry p.t. is so hard for you. just remember god is in control of everything. there was a reason you avoided an accident and there's a reason those children (and colt) are given the life they're given. i think alot of times it's to teach other people(rather than those with the ''ailment'') various lessons.
i hope you had a better day and you all have a great 4th.
love, johanna
AMAZING! So cool how God will answer us, protect us, and teach us!
Post a Comment