Thursday, July 3, 2008

Yo, Ho, Yo, Ho..A Pirates Life for Me!











Here is the pirate baby...his first patch-wearing session. We went for a visit to the eye specialist today and because Colt has a left lazy eye, we have to patch the right eye for 2 hours a day to strengthen the muscles in the left eye. It makes the left eye work when you patch the right, because the stronger eye takes over usually. He also said that the laser job was awesome, and that his surgeon really did a great job saving his vision. He may need an eye muscle surgery in a few years to help out the weak muscles, but he said we'd cross that bridge later. He'll probably get glasses in six more months, but we'll follow up every two months for awhile. He's near-sighted, which we already knew and that may get worse. But he said the potential for his vision to be 20/20 is really good, and we should be very glad about how well he's doing. Without the surgery, he would have been blind.
By the way, I know I freaked a few people out with my post yesterday. I shared that little bit with you not to scare you, because we're obviously fine, but to show you how blessed I felt to have someone watching over us.

No comments: