Friday, July 11, 2008

A few random photos

Grandma Mary is reading Colt a book..about what else? Dogs of course. She will be turning him into an animal lover for sure. There's just no if, ands or buts about it. He looks pretty interested in it too.

I realize this may look really strange....and kind of funny. But Colt has always taken his morning nap in his swing (which he is rapidly outgrowing). Because of his reflux we were told to put him in it right after he eats and he always just fell asleep there, and I don't dare move him when he falls asleep or he wakes up. So lately, he's so interested in what's happening around him that his nap just isn't a priority. Kreg put a little burp cloth over his eyes the other day and he zonked out immediately, so I thought I would do one better. He's graduating to his crib next week, as I think we'll finally have the AC issues handled for his room. His room is like Antarctica, while the rest of the house is like Hawaii.
We've been lucky enough to have Kelsey a lot lately because of summer vacation, and Colt is really getting used to being spoiled by his sister. Colt really loves his sister. We love having her around, we'll be sad when school starts again.

If you have a few minutes and want to read something interesting, the blog that I still faithfully check everyday has a great post today about being a preemie parent. At www.cfhusband.blogspot.com you can check today's post. It's something I always wondered if other preemie parents felt, and he so very eloquently wrote some things that I felt along this journey. I love his blog, not just because I relate to raising a 24-weeker... but because he has a really neat perspective.

We're off to physical therapy today, so we're hoping for a good report! The neck strength is really improving.


1 comment:

Jules said...

I LOVE the sleep mask. That will definitely be a picture to show his future girlfriends :)

Have a wonderful weekend!