Colt had an evaluation today from the Early Start program. It's a program provided for low birth weight babies. They come out to assess him to see where he is at developmentally, create goals and assign him a teacher to monitor him. His teacher will come twice a week until he is three years old, and will see him for 45 minutes each session. She will give me tips and things to work on with him, to help him to catch up to his chronological age. He has a few things to work on for now such as language (weird I know), and tracking with his eyes. We're going to go get a vision check next week just to be safe, as our past few appts have been about the eye surgery and not his actual vision.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I know that all children are different, but Kellar went through the whole not tracking thing, had me worried silly..I drove him over 3 hrs away to a the eye dr that followed him in the nicu and all was fine..granted Kellar was put in glasses at 16 months or so but not long after I stressed about tracking, he started doing it, he still doesn't have a *blink* reflex though..
Post a Comment