
Today we focused on trying to get Colt transferred to Palomar hospital in Escondido so we can shave off half of the drive. We got all of the approvals from the various channels, so now all we have to do is wait for a space to open up at Palomar and they will take him. That will be awesome if they can take us, as driving to La Jolla everyday is not that fun. For those of you who commute, how the heck do you do it? Colt had a good day. Not much to report. He is still on every other feed by bottle. OT fed him this morning, and of course he was sleepy as can be while she was there. But he took his full bottle the next time. He yanked his tube out again today (he did it two days ago). He's up to 5 1/2 lbs now.
4 comments:
Those pictures are absolutely precious with his hand in Kreg's. I'm still amazed every time I read this blog that you have the strenth to let us in everyday. I hope they have an opening at Palomar soon so he will be closer!! I'm glad that you will still be doing the blog after he is home so we can watch him continue to grow since it will be a while before we can see him in person. I always say this but again you guys are amazing. Big Hugs, Kim
I can't believe how close you guys are to going home...what an amazing adventure! You guys are all so strong and wonderful! I do hope you continue to blog long after you're home...it doesn't seem like Iowa is so far away when reading day-to-day updates! : )
I hope your new home (before home) comes your way very soon!
Love,
Jamie
okay , melt my heart with those pictures. Pretty soon he'll be snuggling in your bed with you. WOW, he's come so far! He's already 5 1/2 lbs. now he's all caught up (not so small) I think about you guys every single day and can't wait til you guys are all home together where you belong.... hugs and kisses shelby
Ok, he's doing something right with his feeds - - just look at those cheeks!! I love them!! The pictures were just precious. We are so excited for you guys to be able to take little Mr. man home with you! It's a bummer that it may be a couple weeks longer than you had hoped, but once he's home he's all yours!! Hang in there, I know it must be tough, but he'll be home soon!
We look forward to checking on Colt and seeing new pictures each day so that's great that you'll continue to blog after he comes home. He's definitely a highlight of our day!
Love you guys!
Jon, Nicole, Anthony & Kaylee
Post a Comment