Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Slowly but Surely

Slowly but surely.......we are starting back at every other feed by bottle. Sleepyhead just doesn't care to wake up and eat like he did a week ago. So OT said to start back to alternating the bottle. He took the whole thing once, and most of it the other time. They are just going to let him sleep and hopefully get some strength. I don't know if he is just having to work harder because he is off of the breathing treatment, or what- but he just doesn't have the energy yet to power the food down. I know most babies have that problem, but they won't let him out of there until he can prove he'll eat consistently. The eye doc once again was a no show, but supposedly will be there very early tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Jessica Brueske said...

Can you imagine being too tired to eat...hunger wakes me up in the middle of the night! Well, he has been very busy in his little world and resting is just what he needs to get his strength up for coming home. Like they said "a few steps forward, one step back" as long as he continues to progress, that is all that matters. I will send some "You are getting hungry" thoughts (God knows I have those to spare!)

Love, Jess