I spoke with the doctor that will be on all week today, and she is thinking the discharge day will be Wednesday or Thursday depending on how Colt does. He has to continue to do well off of the breathing treatments, and the true test will be days 5-7 off of them (which is Monday through Wednesday). I think we will be doing the "Car Seat Challenge" on Tuesday. This is where we bring in the car seat, and Colt will get placed in it while hooked up to all of the monitors. They will make him stay in there for at least as long as it takes to drive home. This is because the tiny preemies have a tendency to flop their heads down and block their airway in that position so they test it out to make sure he'll pass. (And I, of course, will have to ride in the back with him on the drive too). He also has to keep up the bottle feeds. He did really well at the 9, 12, and 3 feedings...but the 6 feed was a little bit of a battle with snoozing off. So we will see how the next few days go!
Saturday, January 12, 2008
New Home Plan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Kreg and Nicole,
I am soo excited for you guys.
And happy 100th day birthday tomorrow Colt!
Love,
John, Sarah, Luke and Drew
I am so excited to hear our little celebrity is coming home. Im sure he'll do good for the car seat challenge, he's made such awesome progress. WOW! Well get all your much needed rest! Congrats- what wonderful news. Lots of love, shelby
How exciting -- Colt finally gets to come home! Colt has proven to be such a fiesty little guy so I'm sure he'll do fine for his much awaited car ride home.
Love you guys!!
Jim, Joan, Janice, and Jayme
WOOHOO! YEAH - Great news! Keep up the good work Colt!
The moment we have all been waiting for! I am sure you have been sooo busy getting ready for him at home...how exciting! I am certain he will do great at his little challenge, he always does! We are cheering for you, big boy! Happy 100 days!
How exciting!!! Home sweet home! As for the carseat...Colt will rock the carseat test, just like he's rocked everything else that's been thrown his way. Only 3 months old and already a superstar! Can't wait to see some picutes of him on his ride home!
Love you guys!
Jon, Nicole, Anthony & Kaylee
Post a Comment