Today was a pretty awesome day. Our nurse, Jillian, let me hold Colt for the first time. I thought we couldn't do that until the tube came out- but they let me anyway! Here is a video of it....it's a pretty interesting affair to get him out of his home. He had a very good day, they worked their way down on his pressure on his vent and he's still at 16 on the vent. They may start him on some steriods tomorrow to boost the lungs up so that they can take the tube out hopefully on Friday. They will also do another brain ultrasound tomorrow, and if it is still stable then he won't have to have one for a few weeks.






3 comments:
Hi Kreg, Nicole and Kelsey,
WOW!! I cannot believe it, how awesome you got to hold him in your arms...I bet that was extremely emotional and scarey. You looked so comfortable with him, just like a natural!
AND 2lbs!! I am so bummed we cannot see him anymore, I am having colt withdrawls. The blog is great but it is so much more comforting seeing him in person. I can't wait to hold the little guy! I bet Kelsey is sooo jealous too. I am sure she cannot wait to hold her little bro! I know Trev and Ry cannot wait to see him!
We love you all. Keep up the strength!!
Remember to take some time for yourselves right now, before he comes home, because when he does you will get absolutly NO rest!! HA!
We love you!
Love, Auntie Shell, Uncle Chuck, Trevor & Ryan :-)
OMG!! What an incredible day for your family!!! I'm such a big baby, I was all choked up watching the video...I'm just in awe over how incredibly amazing your little man is. He may be tiny, but at 2 pounds (woohoo!) he is stronger than anyone I know!! Thank you so much for sharing these personal milestones with all of us...I'm looking forward to the many more to come! Love to you all!
What an incredible moment to get to witness. I am so very happy for you. I can't wait to hear all the details. Take Care,
Jess
Post a Comment