Saturday, November 10, 2007

Gettin' Blood Day

Today Colt is at the vent setting of 14, we are trying to make our way down again. I think they will actually try to get to 10 before the extubate, and also get his pressures on the ventilator down as well. His blood tests this morning indicated low red blood cells, so he was getting blood while we were there. They will recheck tonight and see if he needs anything else as it also looked like the platelet count was a bit low too. No talk of extubation today- and I was happy with that. I really wanted him to have a few days off before they try to push him through that whole ordeal again. I think one of us will get to hold him again tomorrow, they told us every other day for holding since it is such a big thing to move him around while he's hooked to the ventilator. Maybe tomorrow Dad can have skin to skin contact!

2 comments:

Jessica Brueske said...

Skin to Skin is the best!!! Mom and Dad's close contact is surely the best medicine. I saw on some preemie websites that they called it "Kangaroo Care"...thought that was cute! Take Care. Love you guys!
Jess

auntie patti and family said...

Hi guy's, Your doing great. You have all of our church praying for you all. We are with you in spirit every day !! What a cutie you have-of course he's a "REAL McCoy" !!!
Big Hug's and Kisses,
Auntie Patti Uncle Sundar, Sitona and Selina