Colt sleeping the day away...the tube on his arm is his IV for surgery tomorrow.
Colt's first visit with Santa!Colt had another great day. He met with Occupational Therapy to try bottle feeding again, and this time he took it! They only wanted to try 1/2 of what he normally gets at a feed, so he took 1/2 ounce. He did really good for his first time, and will be seen again on Monday to keep him going on it. Tomorrow is surgery day, so we'll be glad to have that over with! I guess he might have to stay intubated longer than I originally thought. They said that sometimes it takes a few days for them to be alert enough, and off the meds enough to remember to breathe. So we will have to see how he does.




10 comments:
Finally a little fat on this boy, his cheeks are getting "chubby"
(I guess you could say) Bless his little heart with this whopping 1/2 ounce bottle. Good for him. Stay strong through surgery, I look forward to his post surgery progress.......
Good luck in surgery tomorrow. We'll be keeping all of you in our hearts and prayers tomorrow.
a bottle!?! how awesome. i can't believe how well he's doing. may the Lord have his hand upon him in surgery and keep you guys calm and relaxed. i'm sure it'll be fine. you'll be in my prayers.
and yeah for santa! how cool was that. take care.
love, johanna
I have been reading Colt's messages every evening. My God son was a preemie and how vividly I recall those days. Joshua is now 25, so there weren't nearly as many miracle procedures as they have now. I've never met Mom, and only met Dad once. I am the woman with "the other Allison" (besides Alison Wade, my Ali has Down Syndrome, too) who brought my proxy by an open house one day. Your son is adorable and I was tickled to see that he is wearing big boy clothes now. The three of you will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow, but I am sure the surgery will go just fine. There were so many scary times when Josh was tiny, but each challenge made me aware of how strong and amazing these little guys are. And now Josh is a healthy, normal, rambunctious man who remembers nothing of those days except the love he knows we all felt for him even then. Colt is our tiny Canyon Lake celebrity. Faith.
Those pictures were soooo cute! He's is so adorable, he's cuter and cuter every day! What a big boy he is with his bottle too! Way to go Baby Colt!
You guys will be in our prayers tomorrow, hang in there Mommy & Daddy he's such a strong little guy, he'll do great! Looking forward to hearing more tomorrow.
Love,
Jon, Nicole, Anthony & Kaylee
Way to go buddy. Keep up the big dinners on your own! I love it. We can't wait to have you home so we can talk to you in person and give you lots of hugs and kisses!!!!!
I'm sure you know there are lots of us out here cheering you on!! Colt looks sooooo cute in his Christmas jamies. We're looking forward to the "successful surgery over" message and on to his speedy recovery!!!!
We were hoping for Colt to weigh 4 lbs by Christmas, and he's right there!! And he made the Doctor realize he wanted surgery before Christmas, not after!! He's very expressive, but diplomatic, don't you think? He will be dreaming about that big bottle of nourishment, as he sails thru the surgery... Extra prayers today! We love you. Mary, Gary, and Alicia
He is looking so good! We still check everyday to see how he is progressing. Our Colt will play in a bowl game in San Diego on the 27th. I pray that your little Colt will do beautifully during his surgery tomorrow and that he will be home in his own bed soon. Merry Christmas. Amy Walker
Hi Kreg, Nicole & Kelsey,
YEAH!!! Glad to hear Colt's surgery went awesome...I haven't seen the pictures in a couple weeks and he looks so amazing!
He is getting little chubby cheeks...so darn cute!
Glad to hear that Big Sis, Kelsey, got to go see her little brother this week. I know she has been dying to take a peek at him.
See you soon little buddy!!
Love, Auntie Shell, Uncle Chuck, Trev & Ry
Post a Comment